The F601 is a multimedia extension card for 3U Intel based CompactPCI single-board computers. It can be used in combination with the F14 and compatible CPU boards.
A variety of graphics, audio and serial interfaces characterize the functionality of the F601. Depending on the combination of these functions, the F601 may take one slot (4HP) or two slots (8HP) alongside the CPU card.
The two DVI interfaces supporting the digital PanelLink technology deliver a maximum of 1600 x 1200 pixels in true-color mode. Together with the analog CRT interface from the CPU board it is possible to connect two monitors.
The audio interface supports the high definition standard.
SA-Adapters provide different physical layers for the UART interface, so that the F601 can be configured flexibly with either RS232, RS422 or RS485, alternatively isolated or not isolated.
In addition an onboard 2.5" SATA hard-disk slot is available.
The F601 is directly plugged to the right side of the respective single-board computer. A robust connector makes for high mechanical stability. It is delivered with an 8HP or 12HP front panel, replacing the 4HP front panel of a 3U single-board computer and thus resulting in a solid one-piece front panel.
- 4/8 HP extension for 3U Intel SBCs F14, F15, F17, F18, F19P, F21P
- 2 DVI connections
- 1 HD audio
- 1 COM, alternatively with optical isolation
- 2.5" SATA hard-disk slot
- One (4HP) or two (8HP) DVI-D connectors at front panel
- SDVO PanelLink transmitter
- Maximum resolution: 1600 x 1200 pixels
- 60Hz refresh rate
- Dual monitor support
- One HD (high definition) audio codec at front panel
- Symmetric stereo output (two 350mW mono amplifiers)
- Symmetric mono output (integrated 2W Class D mono amplifier)
- RS232..422 UART (COM1)
- One D-Sub connector at second front panel
- Via SA-Adapter
- Data rates up to 115.2kbit/s
- Only full duplex operation for RS422
- Handshake lines: full support; lines depend on SA-Adapter
- Mass Storage
- Serial ATA (SATA)
- One port for onboard 2.5" hard-disk drive
- Transfer rates up to 150MB/s (depends on hard disk)
- RAID level 0/1 support (depends on CPU board)
- CompactPCI J1 and J2 are assembled for increased mechanical stability and/or for power supply via J1
- CompactPCI J2 can optionally be used to realize several functions via rear I/O. See Options.
- Electrical Specifications
- Supply voltage/power consumption:
- +5V (-3%/+5%), 635mA typ. with hard disk, max. value depends on hard disk
- +3.3V (-3%/+5%), 500 mA typ.
- MTBF: 1,069,323h @ 40°C (derived from MIL-HDBK-217F)
- Mechanical Specifications
- Dimensions: conforming to CompactPCI specification for 3U boards
- Weight: 330g (with hard disk and 12HP front panel)
- Environmental Specifications
- Temperature range (operation):
- 0..+60°C up to -40..+85°C (depending on hard disk; please refer to the hard disk specifications for possible limits)
- Industrial temperature range on request
- Airflow: min. 10m³/h
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300m to + 3,000m
- Shock: 15g/11ms
- Bump: 10g/16ms
- Vibration (sinusoidal): 1g/10..150Hz
- Conformal coating on request
- PCB manufactured with a flammability rating of 94V-0 by UL recognized manufacturers
- Tested according to EN 55022 (radio disturbance), IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) and IEC 61000-4-4 (burst)
- Software Support
- Driver software can be found in the data sheet of the CPU board that you use.
- Short-form Data Sheet
- User Manuals
- Errata & Technical Information