The D515 acts as LoRaWAN™ end device (ED), enabling up to two Ethernet-based devices to communicate wirelessly with a LoRa® Concentrator/Gateway. The gateway is equipped with a 32-bit embedded softcore processor, that handles the communication stacks and the complete gateway application. The integrated Ethernet controllers, designed by duagon, feature hardware prioritisation and very low jitter.
Fully certified LoRa® interface, supporting Class A and Class C end devices according to LoRaWAN™ specifications. The gateway offers frequency band 868 MHz for Europe or 915 MHz for the US.
The Ethernet interfaces comply to IEEE 802.3 and the internal logic is prepared for the future "Ethernet on traction vehicles" standard IEC 61375-3-4.
The D515 is designed for the harsh traction environment and conforms to the EN 50121, EN 50155, IEC 61373 standards, e.g. by:
- -40 to +70°C operating temperature
- coating against humidity
- enhanced EMI and vibration robustness
The gateway is integrated in a stainless-steel housing that is mounted on a DIN rail or by using M4 screws. The device can directly be powered by the vehicle battery or over Ethernet (PoE).
In case the D515 is powered over battery, it is able to supply connected devices with power over Ethernet (PoE).
- Hardware prioritisation within the duagon own Ethernet controller
- Proprietary high-performance UDP Stack (optimised for cyclic process data telegrams)
- Robust wireless communication based on LoRa® technology modulation
- Fully compliant to IEEE 802.3, EN 50155, EN 50121, IEC 61373 and LoRaWAN™ 1.0
- Short-form Data Sheet
- Data Sheets