The display computer DC1 is a rugged, fanless and maintenance-free panel PC for harsh, mobile and mission-critical applications. Its robust stainless enclosure is protected against violent impacts and designed for, e.g., infotainment purposes in trains,public buses or airplanes.
The DC1 is controlled by the Intel Atom Z530 running at 1.6 GHz. It comes with 1 GB of DDR2 SDRAM and 4 GB of USB-driven Flash disk. The standard interfaces comprise 2 Fast Ethernet and 2 USB ports as well as four binary inputs (with a fifth used for key input functionality). The two Ethernet interfaces have switch functionality to provide Ethernet connection also to subsequent intelligent displays. A temperature sensor monitors and controls the display.
All I/O signals are concentrated at the bottom side of the DC1. The whole unit can be directly mounted to a VESA mount or side-by-side with a second display.
The standard version of the DC1 complies with the EN 50155, class Tx railway standard. It is thus for example equipped with an internal 24 VDC nom. wide-range power supply and able to operate in a -40 to +70°C environment (+85°C for 10 minutes; -30 to +70°C for the display panel with automatic switch-off at excess temperatures).
The control electronics are directly attached to the back of the screen, supporting 19", 17", 15", 12" and optionally even smaller display and housing sizes. The computer unit itself builds on the Intel ultra-mobile low-power processor family starting with the Intel Atom Z530 at 1.6 GHz or Z510 at 1.1 GHz.
On request a serial interface can be added and the USB interfaces can be individually configured up to a maximum of 5 ports (alternatively serial interfaces), one of which a client port. A connection for a secondary display (onboard via LVDS or external via DVI-D) can be made accessible, with then two displays able to provide different and equal content at the same time. Additional I/O may optionally comprise HD audio or field bus functions like IBIS.
A PCI Express Mini Card slot combined with an external antenna can be used to incorporate wireless functions like Wi-Fi, GSM/GPRS, etc.
The concept also allows to use different input voltage ranges of the PSUs, for example 24 VDC nom. (28.8to 67.2 V), 72 VDC nom. (43.2 to 100.8 V) or 110 VDC nom. (66 to 154 V) for railway applications. With a typical power consumption of only 20 Watts for the total system the design is always realized without fans, using conductive cooling between the electronics and the display to spread the dissipated heat to the outside of the housing.
All electronic components are soldered to withstand shock and vibration and prepared for conformal coating.
- 15" 4:3 TFT LCD panel
- 1024 x 768 pixels resolution
- Intel Atom processor
- 2 Fast Ethernet, 2 USB
- Wide-range PSU 24 VDC nom. (14.4 to 33.6 V)
- -40 to +85°C operating temperature
- Rugged aluminum enclosure
- Fanless and maintenance-free design
- IP 54compliant (front)
- EN 50155 compliant (railways)
- Windows XP Embedded image (120-day trial version)
- Intel Atom Z530
- 1.6 GHz processor core frequency
- 533 MHz system bus frequency
- Intel system controller hub US15W
- Screen size: 15"
- Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA) with aspect ratio 4:3
- Luminance: 450 cd/m²
- Contrast: 700:1 typ.
- Viewing angle: 160°/160° (preferred viewing angle 6 o'clock)
- Backlight with brightness control: 2 CCFL min. 50 000 hours
- Interface: LVDS
- Monitored and controlled by a temperature sensor (display is turned off at extreme temperatures)
- 1GB DDR2 SDRAM system memory
- 533 MHz memory bus frequency
- 4 GB Flash
- All I/O available at bottom of housing
- Invisible from the front
- Recessed within the housing
- Two USB 2.0 host ports
- Accessible via Type A connectors
- UHCI implementation
- Data rates up to 480 Mbit/s
- Two 10/100Base-T Ethernet channels
- Accessible via M12 connectors
- Switch functionality
- 5 binary inputs via mixed 7W2 D-sub power connector
- 1 for key input functionality
- 4 universal inputs, e.g., for geographical addressing
- Electrical Specifications
- Isolation voltage: 1500 VDC between isolation groups
- Power consumption: 20 W typ.
- Supply voltage: 24 VDC nom. (14.4 to 33.6 V) according to EN 50155
- Key input functionality
- External power supply: 100..240 VAC in, 24 VDC out
- Mechanical Specifications
- Dimensions: 360 mm x 284 mm x 55.1 mm
- Weight: 5.2 kg
- Display covered with laminated glass
- Aluminum enclosure
- Prepared for wall mounting
- Front, sides and top protected according to IP54
- Back and bottom protected according to IP21
- Environmental Specifications
- Temperature range (operation):
- -30 to +70°C for the display panel (with automatic switch-off of the display at excess temperatures)
- -40°C to 70°C, with up to 85°C for 10 minutes according to class TX (EN 50155), for the computer
- Conductive cooling
- Fanless operation
- Temperature range (storage): -40..+85°C
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300 m to + 3000 m
- Shock: according to EN 50155 (10.2.11)
- Vibration: according to EN 50155 (10.2.11)
- 36 130 h @ 40°C according to IEC/TR 62380 (RDF 2000)
- PCB manufactured with a flammability rating of 94V-0 by UL recognized manufacturers
- Insulation according to EN 50155 (10.2.9.1)
- Voltage withstand according to EN 50155 (10.2.9.1)
- No edges and burrs
- Temperature gradient between housing and environment smaller than 15°C
- Conforming to EN 50155, EN 50121-3-2/EN 61000-4-5
- Software Support
- Short-form Data Sheet
- User Manuals
- Technical Drawings
Windows XP Embedded BSP (MEN) for F11S, F14, F15, F17, F18, F19P, F21P, G20, XM1, XM1L, XM2, MM1, MM2, DC1, DC2, DC13, RC1, BC50I, BC50M, BL50W and BL50S
(ZIP, 168 MB, Windows)
Windows Embedded Standard 7 BSP
(ZIP, 1 GB, Windows)
MDIS4 system package (MEN) for QNX
(ZIP, 14 MB, QNX)
MDIS5 System Package (MEN) for VxWorks
(ZIP, 19 MB, VxWorks)
Windows Installset (MEN) for XM1, XM1L, DC1, DC2 and SC21
(ZIP, 100 MB, Windows)
MDIS5 System Package (MEN) for Linux
(ZIP, 12 MB, Linux)
Windows Installset (MEN) for XM1, XM1L, DC1, DC2 and SC21
(ZIP, 20 MB, Windows)