This compact 4U rack-mount enclosure is a basic system that allows the configuration with both CompactPCI Serial and CompactPCI cards. Being a hybrid system, it offers an uncomplicated and cost-effective migration solution from parallel 3U CompactPCI to serial CompactPCI Serial via the CompactPCI PlusIO standard.
The 8-slot hybrid backplane in this configuration does not need a bridge or an active logic. The four slots on the left are designed for 32-bit CompactPCI and rear I/O on P2. The four slots onthe right are reserved for CompactPCI Serial. The CompactPCI PlusIO system slot is the fourth slot from the left. Either a standard CompactPCI 2.0 or a PICMG 2.30 CompactPCI PlusIO CPU board can be used in this slot.
This hybrid system is designed for use with the MEN system-slot SBCs F11S, F12N, F14, F15, F17, F18, F19P, F21P, F22P and F50P. Only F19P, F21P, F22P and F50P support CompactPCI Serial.
That way, the three remaining slots on the CompactPCI bus and the four CompactPCI Serial slots can be used to install additonal I/O functions.
While the CompactPCI Serial slots on the right are best suited for functions like Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet or high end graphic with high data rate requirements, the parallel CompactPCI bus delivers enough performance for all kinds of conventional I/O like binary or analog signals.
In addition, the system offers space for mass storage devices.
A 8HP plug-in 250W power supply unit which is accessible at the back of the system is already included and wired.
The enclosure meets EMC requirements, making it a perfect choice for embedded applications in harsh environments.
Ask us for completely configured, wired and tested systems!
- 19" rack-mountable
- IEEE 1101.10/11 compliance
- 4U / 84 HP system (incl. 1U fan tray)
- 8-slot hybrid backplane
- CompactPCI PlusIO system slot
- 4 CompactPCI Serial (PICMG CPCI-S.0) peripheral slots to the right
- 3 CompactPCI peripheral slots to the left
- All slots prepared for rear I/O
- 250 W Plug-in PSU 90..264 VAC
- 44HP space for individual extensions
- For MEN CompactPCI SBCs
- General System Characteristics
- Compliance with IEC 60 297-3, IEEE 1101.10
- 8 slots for 3U Eurocard boards (4 CompactPCI Serial slots)
- Mechanical Specifications
- 19" rack-mount standard
- 3U card vertical
- Dimensions: 3U, 84HP, 278mm depth
- Weight: tbd.
- CompactPCI/CompactPCI Serial Backplane
- CompactPCI PlusIO system slot on the fourth slot from the left
- Support of four CompactPCI Serial peripheral slots
- Three CompactPCI peripheral slots
- Four CompactPCI Serial peripheral slots
- Power Supply
- Plug-in power supply
- 90V..264V AC wide range
- 3.3 V/40A, 5 V/40A, 12V/5.5A, -12 V/2A
- 3U power backplane with P47 receptacle
- 3U power input module with IEC input, fuse holder, line filter and power switch
- Power connector and power-on switch at the back
- 1U fan chassis
- Two vertical fans
- Air flow volume 140 m³/h (manufacturer's data)
- Dimensions 119 x 119 x 32 mm
- Sound pressure level 39 dB(A)
- Environmental Specifications
- Temperature range (operation):
- Temperature range (storage):
- Power supply: -20..+65°C without derating
- Relative humidity (operation): max. 95% non-condensing
- Relative humidity (storage): max. 95% non-condensing
- Altitude: -300m to + 3,000m
- Shock: 15g/11ms
- Bump: 10g/16ms
- Vibration (sinusoidal): 2g/10..150Hz
- Tested according to EN 55022 (radio disturbance), IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD) and IEC 61000-4-4 (burst)
- Suited for MEN CPU Boards...
- Short-form Data Sheet