The i305 is a CAN, RS485/422 and RS232 interface card for the ionia™ system. The module includes two galvanically isolated interfaces which can be individually selected as CAN, RS485/422 or RS232.
With the i305 a gateway to the consist network (being either on the central unit or on any other module) can easily be realised. Moreover, any other devices can be connected to the system and thus can be controlled out of one single application.
Both CAN 2.0 controllers (fully compliant with ISO 11898), and the UART controllers are implemented in a FPGA with proven duagon IP. The CANopen master and slave functions as well as the user-defined RS485 bus administrators are implemented in the FPGA, by the use of a 32bit soft-core CPU.
The configuration registers and all communication data are accessible by the central unit through a fast and secure point-to-point connection (duagon serial star slave).
A built-in supervisory mechanism called «Condition Monitoring» can detect, record and report any off-limit usage, such as overvoltage, overcurrent, supply interruption, overtemperature, etc. as well as selected user-defined values.
Configuring the i305 is done easily and time saving by using one of the five methods defined by IEC 61131.
The i305 is designed for harsh rolling stock environments and is fully compliant to EN 50155 and IEC 61375.
- CAN 2.0 controllers fully compliant to ISO 11898 standard
- CANopen Master and Slave communication stacks running on the module, no additional CPU power needed.
- Easy access to the CANopen communication by a graphical editor
- Configurable UART controller manages the connection to any other devices.
- Fully integrable into the central units application
- No obsolescence risk due to the use of duagon® own soft-IP in an FPGA