The D524 is a WTB to Ethernet Gateway with up to two Ethernet interfaces and is compliant with IEC 61375 and UIC Leaflet 556. The gateway is built with two WTB medium attachment units. Line A and B interfaces are galvanically isolated, enabling cable redundancy, and use standard 9-pole SUB-D type connectors. The WTB gateway has an optional built-in fritting mechanism to overcome contact oxidation. The integrated WTB controller, realized in an FPGA with duagon IP, can be configured to act as a strong or weak master or as a slave.
The gateway is delivered with a build-in UIC 556 conform mapping server application, handling message data communication and process data marshalling between the WTB and the Ethernet consist network. Safe data communication is optionally available. A complete configuration and integration toolchain is provided, including a configuration tool, to easily configure the application and allowing the gateway to be seamlessly integrated into any network architecture.
The integrated Ethernet controllers, designed by duagon, feature hardware prioritisation and very low jitter. Different realtime protocol stacks, e.g. CIP, IPTCom, TRDP or PROFINET are available to fulfil the requirements for Ethernet applications in railways.
The Ethernet interface is fully compliant to IEEE 802.3 and supports features like Auto-Polarity, Auto-Negotiation and Auto-MDI-X. It complies with IEEE 802.3 and the internal logic is prepared for the future "Ethernet on traction vehicles" standard IEC 61375-3-4.
The D524's 8 digital inputs and 8 combined input/output channels. The I/O channels are used by the application to implement battery voltage monitoring, redundancy switch over and a "wake-up" signal.
The WTB gateway is connected directly to the train battery and support all voltage types from 24 to 110 VDC. Moreover, it has a built-in power save mode.
The D524 is designed for harsh rolling stock environments and is fully compliant with EN 50155. It is part of the WTB gateway series that covers further vehicle bus systems:
- D521 WTB – MVB Gateway
- D522 WTB – Ethernet Gateway (single interface)
- D524 WTB – Ethernet Gateway (dual interface)
- D523 WTB – CAN Gateway
- Fully UIC 556 compliant WTB interface with fritting without additional DC/DC converters, configurable strong master, weak master and slave node, and cable redundancy (Line A and Line B).
- Support for real time Ethernet protocols like IPTCom, TRDP, CIP and PROFINET.
- Comparably small form factor.
- Complies with EN 50155, EN 50121 and IEC 61375 standards, and is designed for harsh rolling stock environment.
- Safe data transmission for WTB and Ethernet is available upon request.