The D512 is a compact 2-port Ethernet repeater for railway applications that is completely transparent to all Ethernet protocols and offers full 10Mbit/100Mbit bandwidth in full or half duplex mode. It allows the integration of any remote device or sub-network into an Ethernet network, and with its low latency, it is ideal to bridge long distances in redundant ring topologies. Optionally it is available with bypass relays. In the case of bypass relays, there is a digital status output pin available.
The D512 is intended to enable 10BASE-TX or 100BASE-TX connections of more than 100 meters (for connections with a high number of connectors and/or long patch cables the limit is even less than 100 meters).
The two Ethernet ports support 10BASE-TX or 100BASE-TX, Auto-Crossover and Auto-Negotiation. They are equipped with M12 connectors to guarantee a reliable connection. The D512 is powered directly from the train battery (24V to 110V) or from PoE (IEEE 802.3af).
As an option, the repeater can be ordered with a customer defined configuration for the Ethernet ports (default: Auto-Negotiation and Auto-Crossing on).
The D512 is designed for harsh rolling stock environment and fully compliant to EN50155, IEC61375 and IEEE802.3.
- Completely transparent to all Ethernet protocols
- Full or half duplex communication (restriction to 2 ports)
- Very low latency (<2us)
- Full 10Mbit or 100Mbit bandwidth (unlike “Ethernet extenders”)
- Customer specific port configurations for Auto Negotiation and Auto Crossing possible
- Battery voltage input (up to 110V) eliminates the need for an external power supply
- Can optionally also be powered from PoE
- Power interruption class S2: No service needed thanks to design without electrolytic capacitor
- Complies to IEC61375, EN50155, EN50121 and IEEE802.3
- Short-form Data Sheet
- Data Sheets
- Technical Drawings