The D429S Communication Module is a multi-purpose MVB controller with several interfaces, designed for maximal flexibility which can cover a wide range of applications.
The device supports line redundant EMD and ESD+ physical layer.
The MVB interface complies to the TCN standard IEC 61375 and supports devices up-to class 4 including process and message data and can act as bus administrator.
The D429S provides CAN, RS422 and RS485 interfaces, which are all galvanic isolated to each other. For debugging and maintenance purposes an RS232 interface is available.
The D429S comes with external code inputs to define the MVB addresses without reprogramming.
This feature improves interchangeability when using multiple D429S on the same
Different gateway versions are intended to be used with nominal vehicle battery voltages from 24V to 110V.
The D429S is designed for harsh rolling stock environments and is fully compliant with the standards EN 50121 / EN 50155 / EN 61373 / EN 61375, e.g. by:
- -40°C to +70°C ambient temperature range
- coating against humidity
- enhanced EMI and vibration robustness
- All ports on MVB, CAN, RS422 and RS485, as well as the sinksource relationship, are freely programmable.
- Full featured MVB bus administrator.
- MVB ESD+ and EMD physical layer are available.
- CAN 2.0a and 2.0b protocol with up to 1 Mbaud is supported
- Up to four RS485 or two RS422 interfaces.
- ARM7 processing unit with real time OS (eCos) and Flash file system for user application
- Stainless steel housing for mounting on DIN rail or by screws
- Short-form Data Sheet
- Data Sheets
- Technical Drawings