The D013 is a multipurpose MVB Interface on a small 48 x 50 mm size footprint. It is a fully featured MVB communication chip including all features of the MVB architecture such as Process and Message Data, Bus Administrator, and both EMD or ESD+.
duagon's own MVB controller is implemented in an FPGA and supports all 4096 process data ports. An additional 32-bit softcore handles the complete message data stack with an easy-to-use interface.
The D013 is available in two configurations:
- MDFULL: passive MVB interface with duagon's MVB controller
- SERVER: active MVB interface including the Message Data Real Time Protocol stack (MD RTP). This approach minimizes the CPU requirements of the host system, because the major part of the communication software is running on the duagon interface
The optionally includable Bus Administrator manages the complete MVB Network and can be configured using the duagon's proprietary network tool.
The D013 fully complies with the TCN standard IEC 61375 up to class 4. It is designed for the harsh traction environment and conforms to the EN 50121, EN 50155 and EN 61373 standards, e.g. by:
- -40 to +85°C operating temperature
- Coating against humidity
- Enhanced EMI and vibration robustness
- Integrated MVB line transceivers (including galvanic insulation)
- Configurable to operate in 8-bit parallel or serial (UART) mode
- The D013 can be either soldered, plugged or pressed into the motherboard (press fit option)
- The module is compatible with EMD and ESD+ physical MVB layers
- MVB Bus administrator functionality available as option
- The D013 conforms with the EN50121, EN50155, EN 61373 and IEC61375 standards, and is designed for the harsh traction environment
- Short-form Data Sheet
- Data Sheets
- Technical Drawings