Real-Time Ethernet Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Join our Team!
duagon AG, a rapidly expanding Swiss technology company, is a leading supplier for communication, computing and control technology as well as project planning and development services for system critical applications in the rail, medical and critical automation market. The superior software and hardware IP create innovative, highly reliable and safe products, enabling customers to shape and realize their technology roadmap.
At our site in Dietikon, the focus is on research and development of all aspects of communication and control of trains and other means of transport.
- A challenging and varied job with a lot of freedom and practical tasks
- A team-oriented work culture and innovative freedom to develop solutions and implement them independently or in small teams
- Ergonomic workstations, adjustable standing desks
- Flexible working hours, home office
- Hardware-related software development for embedded systems in the area of Real-Time Ethernet communication
- Development and maintenance of (Real-Time) Ethernet communication protocols on modern platforms
- Enhancement of software products in the field of railway vehicles
- Improvement of the automated build and test environments
- Participation and responsibility throughout the entire software life cycle including specification, design, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Support in the integration of duagon Real-Time Ethernet products into their respective solution
- Profound knowledge in Ethernet communication
- Programming experience on various hardware platforms in C and C++
- Familiarity with communication protocols at the stack level, ideally with one or more of these: TRDP, PROFINET, EtherNet/IP (CIP), IPTCom
- Independent work as well as troubleshooting and error analysis are an essential part of your practical professional experience.
- Experience in Python programming and FPGA design with VHDL/Verilog are desirable but not required.
- Familiarity with Ethernet technologies such as MRP, HSR, SNMP, VLAN, ARP, etc. are a plus.
- Experience with cyber security is a further advantage.
- Studies of computer science, electrical engineering, communications engineering, physics, or another engineering or scientific discipline (ETH/UNI/FH)
- Good communication skills in English, German is a plus