Product Manager (w/m/d)
Join our Team!
duagon, a fast-growing technology company with headquarters in Switzerland, is a leading supplier of communication, computing, and control technology as well as project planning and engineering services for system-critical applications for the rail and medical technology markets. The superior software and hardware IP create innovative, highly reliable, and safe products, enabling customers to shape and realize their technology roadmap. Moreover, customers benefit from a shortened time to market and optimal cost of ownership.
At our site in Nuremberg, the focus is on research and development of all aspects of communication and control of trains and other means of transport.
You are welcome to send us your detailed application - including your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date - by e-mail to Applications-NBG@duagon.com.
About the Role:
At duagon we focus on highly regulated markets and our customers expect bleeding-edge technology of the highest quality supporting the typically long lifecycles. Therefore, we need Product Managers who are excited to manage a diverse and expansive product portfolio.
In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development. Additionally, you value teamwork and have strong interpersonal skills.
One of the many reasons that duagon is the preferred supplier for critical applications is the longevity of our products supported by the work we do in Product Management. Our team works closely with creative and resourceful engineers and solutions architects to design and develop products that help customers realize their technology roadmap. We're responsible for guiding the products throughout the product life cycle from cradle to grave, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, launching, and tailoring our products to match customers' needs.
duagon's networking products are a key segment. They are used in many different applications - from connecting vital sub-systems to bridging train consist networks of different technologies or criticalities. The broad-ranging portfolio covers real-time communication interfaces to full-fledged security gateways.
- Responsible for the economic success of the assigned product segments throughout the entire product life cycle.
- Develop a deep understanding of target markets, applications, and competitive landscape to support the product roadmap definition.
- Interact with sales and solution architects to understand customers' pain points and needs and translate the learning into a product roadmap.
- Clarification and documentation of product requirements, creation of specifications and requirements documents.
- Close collaboration with adjacent functions like engineering and operations to manage product cost, availability, quality, and lifecycle management.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Affinity for technology, strong communication skills, pronounced customer and team orientation coupled with a compelling presence.
- Structured, independent, and proactive approach to work.
- Several years of professional experience in the same or a similar position.
- Substantial experience with technically sophisticated consulting-intensive product portfolios in the field of electrical engineering.
- Fluent in German and very good command of English, both spoken and written.