Senior Hardware Development Engineer (f/m/d)
Join our Team!
duagon, a rapidly expanding Swiss technology company, is a leading supplier for communication, computing and control technology as well as engineering services for regulated critical applications in the railway, medical and critical automation market. Our superior software and hardware IP create highly reliable, innovative, safe and rugged products, enabling customers to shape and realize their technology roadmap and reduce product development costs.
At our site in Dietikon, the focus is on research and development of all aspects of communication and control of trains and other means of transport.
- Definition and design of our communication products (e.g. for Ethernet, MVB, CAN, …) and definition of the hardware architecture
- Circuit design (concept / scheme / layout) for embedded systems using ARM/x64 CPUs and FPGAs (for computing-, communication- and I/O-systems and for power supplies)
- Definition and implementation of I/O modules in both analog and digital technology
- Development of new circuit concepts
- Selection of the hardware components and ensuring the corresponding compliance requirements
- Construction of prototypes / demonstrators in our own laboratory
- Performing type test with our laboratory equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Climatic Chamber, EMC Equipment, …) to prove the compliance to standards
- Debugging critical issues during the product development
- Planning and creation of test concepts for product launch and production
- Describe Requirements and create extended product documentation
- Contact for the electronics experts of our customers
- Participation in the conception of future innovations
- You enjoy developing your own product ideas and have the necessary practical experience (e.g. from previous projects or promotion) to implement your solution actively
- You have great practical experience in circuit design (digital and analog circuit technology) for embedded communication solutions using CPUs and FPGA
- You have great practical experience in PCB design with appropriate tools and proven success in the independent development of circuit development for embedded communication systems and controllers
- In depth knowledge of the use of electronic laboratory equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, ...) during circuit characterization, commissioning and debugging.
- Troubleshooting and error analysis is an essential part of your practical professional/study experience
- You have an appropriate education like a study (ETH / UNI / FH) in the field of electronics, electrical engineering, communications engineering, measurement engineering or with comparable content completed, gladly also with doctorate.
- Ideally, you have software knowledge (C/C++) and possibly programming experience in the field of PLD/FPGA (e.g. Verilog or VHDL)
- You work independently to a high degree and show a high degree of commitment and high ability to work under pressure, a pronounced ability to work in a team and a high level of initiative for working in a young technology company