Hardware Development Engineer (f/m/d)
Join our Team!
duagon, a rapidly expanding Swiss technology company, is a leading supplier for communication, computing and control technology as well as engineering services for regulated critical applications in the railway, medical and critical automation market. Our superior software and hardware IP create highly reliable, innovative, safe and rugged products, enabling customers to shape and realize their technology roadmap and reduce product development costs.
At our site in Dietikon, the focus is on research and development of all aspects of communication and control of trains and other means of transport.
- Circuit design (concept / scheme / layout) for embedded systems using ARM/x64 CPUs and FPGAs (for computing, communication- and I/O-systems and for power supplies)
- Development of our communication products (e.g. for Ethernet, MVB, CAN, …) like Gateways, CPU Modules, IO, Interface cards, …
- Development of new circuit concepts
- Selection of the hardware components and ensuring the corresponding compliance requirements
- Create symbol and footprints for the selected components
- Construction of prototypes / demonstrators in our own laboratory
- Performing type test with our laboratory equipment (e.g. Spectrum Analyzer, Climatic Chamber, EMC Equipment, …) to prove the compliance to standards
- Debugging critical issues during the product development
- Create extended product documentation
- Support the production during product ramp-up
- Contact for the electronics experts of our customers
- You enjoy developing your own implementation ideas and have a practical experience (e.g. from previous projects or promotion) to implement the needed functionality
- You have first practical experience in circuit and PCB design (digital and analog circuit technology) with appropriate tools
- You can work independently with electronic laboratory equipment (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, ...) during circuit characterization and troubleshooting.
- You have an appropriate education like a study (ETH / UNI / FH) in the field of electronics, electrical engineering, communications engineering, measurement engineering or with comparable content completed.
- Ideally, you have software experience (C/C++) and possibly programming experience in the field of PLD/FPGA (e.g. Verilog or VHDL)
- Ideally, you have practical experience either from previous work or projects or from your master/bachelor thesis.
- You work independently to a high degree and show a high degree of commitment and high ability to work under pressure, a pronounced ability to work in a team and a high level of initiative for working in a young technology company